Terms of Service
Please read this Agreement carefully before accessing or using the Website. By accessing or using any part of the web site, you agree to become bound by the terms and conditions of this agreement. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access the Website or use any services. If these terms and conditions are considered an offer by Carter, Lock & Horrigan, acceptance is expressly limited to these terms. The Website is available only to individuals of all ages.
- Copyright Infringement and DMCA Policy. If you believe that material located on or linked to by carloc.ab.ca violates your copyright, you are encouraged to notify Carter, Lock & Horrigan. Carter, Lock & Horrigan will respond to all such notices, including as required or appropriate by removing the infringing material or disabling all links to the infringing material.
- Intellectual Property. This Agreement does not transfer from Carter, Lock & Horrigan to you any Carter, Lock & Horrigan or third party intellectual property, and all right, title and interest in and to such property will remain (as between the parties) solely with Carter, Lock & Horrigan. Carter, Lock & Horrigan, carloc.ab.ca, the Carter, Lock & Horrigan logo, and all other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with carloc.ab.ca, or the Website are trademarks or registered trademarks of Carter, Lock & Horrigan or Carter, Lock & Horrigan’s licensors. Other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with the Website may be the trademarks of other third parties. Your use of the Website grants you no right or license to reproduce or otherwise use any Carter, Lock & Horrigan or third-party trademarks.
- Changes. Carter, Lock & Horrigan reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or replace any part of this Agreement. It is your responsibility to check this Agreement periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the Website following the posting of any changes to this Agreement constitutes acceptance of those changes. Carter, Lock & Horrigan may also, in the future, offer new services and/or features through the Website. Such new features and/or services shall be subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- Disclaimer of Warranties. The Website is provided “as is”. Carter, Lock & Horrigan and its suppliers and licensors hereby disclaim all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Neither Carter, Lock & Horrigan nor its suppliers and licensors, makes any warranty that the Website will be error free or that access thereto will be continuous or uninterrupted. You understand that you download from, or otherwise obtain content or services through, the Website at your own discretion and risk.
- Limitation of Liability. In no event will Carter, Lock & Horrigan, or its suppliers or licensors, be liable with respect to any subject matter of this agreement under any contract, negligence, strict liability or other legal or equitable theory for: (i) any special, incidental or consequential damages; (ii) the cost of procurement for substitute products or services; or (iii) for interruption of use or loss or corruption of data. Carter, Lock & Horrigan shall have no liability for any failure or delay due to matters beyond their reasonable control. The foregoing shall not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
- Indemnification. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Carter, Lock & Horrigan, its contractors, and its licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of your use of the Website, including but not limited to your violation of this Agreement.
Miscellaneous. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between Carter, Lock & Horrigan and you concerning the subject matter hereof, and they may only be modified by a written amendment signed by an authorized executive of Carter, Lock & Horrigan, or by the posting by Carter, Lock & Horrigan of a revised version. Except to the extent applicable law, if any, provides otherwise, this Agreement, any access to or use of the Website will be governed by the laws of the province of Alberta, Canada., excluding its conflict of law provisions, and the proper venue for any disputes arising out of or relating to any of the same will be the provincial and federal courts. If any part of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, that part will be construed to reflect the parties’ original intent, and the remaining portions will remain in full force and effect. A waiver by either party of any term or condition of this Agreement or any breach thereof, in any one instance, will not waive such term or condition or any subsequent breach thereof. You may assign your rights under this Agreement to any party that consents to, and agrees to be bound by, its terms and conditions; Carter, Lock & Horrigan may assign its rights under this Agreement without condition. This Agreement will be binding upon and will inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns.